But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor 15:10 (Emphasis mine. As always.)

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Two of a Kind

You always hear parents with more than one child say things like this:

"From an early age, we could already see the differences in their personality."
"One is so much like me, the other so much like my husband!"
"They couldn't be more different!"

I have had two kids for 20 months and never have I said any of these things about my children.  Their personalities are SO similar!  It's fun and frustrating at the same time.

Fun because: they can play together really well and they like the same things.  They have the same sense of humor and similar temperament, so they're usually in a good mood at the same time.  They both sleep 8:30-7:30 and love being snuggled and cuddled. It's also nice that usually what works for Jack worked for Jack worked for Sarah.

Frustrating because:  they sometimes play together badly and like the same things-they then fight over those things.  They have the same sense of humor and similar temperament, so they're usually in a bad mood at the same time.  They often want to be snuggled and cuddled at the SAME time, and get mad at the other one for hogging the attention.  When they decide it's time to run amuck in the store, they do this at the same time.  When Sarah throws a screaming fit, Jack has 10,000 questions he needs answered at that very moment.  They are both VERY strong willed: know what they want and let you know how frustrated they are when they don't get it.  They are both VERY loud and have never met a stranger--have no idea where they get that trait.

I'm pretty sure Ryan was our calm quiet child.  :-)


No comments: