But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor 15:10 (Emphasis mine. As always.)

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Pee and Poo Kind of Day

Today was one of those days that a mom should get hazard pay for.  Chaos from about one in the afternoon.  And it hasn't ended yet.  I'm pretty sure the neighbors could hear my audible sigh as I sat down on the couch to open my laptop.  And...yep...I'm pretty sure I still hear one kid upstairs letting us know that she does NOT want to go to bed.  Chaos.

I got up this morning at 5:30 so I could work for what I had hoped to be two hours before the kids got up.  (Turned out to only be 90 minutes, but no biggie.)  The kids had their breakfast like usual and spent the morning playing upstairs together.  I really love how they can play together like little friends.  SO cute.  For a while it would be nice and quiet, and then the chaos would pick up and it began to sound like someone upstairs was being water-boarded.  So I'd chug upstairs or holler upstairs to check on it...usually Sarah getting mad that Jack didn't want her playing with one of his new birthday presents.  This is pretty much the norm for a morning for us.  So far, so good.

From 10-1ish Makenzie and Maddie came over for a playdate.  The kids had so much fun, and I absolutely loved seeing the girls.  They are getting so big, and look so grown up!  Makenzie starts kindergarden next week and Maddie is 3 1/2, but talks so well with such a great vocabulary you'd think she's already 4!  The kids played really well together and had a great time, then they had some lunch and played outside.  Then the bottom began to gradually fall out of our run-of-the-mill kind of day.

Sarah is potty training...yep.  You see where this is going.  My method of potty training is the pantless method.  If either of my kids was wearing undies, a pull-up, or a diaper at the beginning of potty training, they just assume it's a diaper and go to the bathroom in it.  So I have them spend the first couple of weeks of potty training running around with no bottoms so they can make it quickly to the little trainer potty when they have to go.  Well, today Sarah had been doing really well.  No accidents before lunchtime.  So I decided (like a total rookie) to put her in big girl undies and leggings to go play outside.  BIG mistake.  Especially considering that she hadn't had a poo yet...yet.  The poo came...into the undies, out of the undies, and into the leggings.  Try peeling poo covered leggings off of the skinny legs of a toddler.  Pretty much the Chinese Finger Trap for the legs.  Awesome.

SO, after naptime, since all clothes had been previously covered in poo, S was pantless.  She and Jack were playing in his room when I hear the words that make all moms cringe: "M-OM!  Sarah PEED in my room!"   And sure enough.  She had peed on the carpet right smack dab in the middle of the room.  So I cleaned that up and came back downstairs to work on dinner.  And not 15 minutes later: "M-OM! Sarah POOPED in my PLAYROOM!"  And sure enough.  She had pooped like a puppy right smack dab in the middle of the playroom.  OMG.  So needless to say, the Nature's Miracle I had used when Benji was house training to clean up his messes now has use again....

So what have I learned from today about my potty training daughter?  I need a trainer potty in the playroom!!  For whatever reason, that girl will only use a regular toilet if she's with an adult.  She won't go into the bathroom and climb the step stool on her own onto the toilet.  But she LOVES her Dora trainer potty, and she is also really good with the little trainer potty I keep in the car.  So I'll be making a stop at Target tomorrow to get another little potty for upstairs......Oh, and have I mentioned that if you don't clean the poo out of the trainer potty right away the dog takes care of it for you?....Yeah, it's been that kind of day.

Didn't I just bog about poo like 10 days ago?  Hopefully we're almost out of this stage...

And for an overload of cuteness, here are four absolutely adorable children:







3 comments:

Susie Bullock said...

This gave me the laugh I needed today! The life of a mom is never boring....

Shelley said...

I too, needed a good laugh today. Sorry it was at your expense! :)

E said...

epic.