But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor 15:10 (Emphasis mine. As always.)

Saturday, August 11, 2012

On the road...

Road trip has commenced. Houston to Oklahoma City in 2 days. 2 parents. 2 kids. 1 drum set, 1 headboard, 2 school deals. O. M. G.

I usually pack 2 extra outfits per kid as spares. They're kids. Messy, sticky, potty training (S anyway) kids. But this time I only packed 1 spare per kid. Then, 3 hours into our trip we stop at Bucees. Jason gets Sarah out of her seat, pulls back the diaper to peek inside and: Eeek! Minor Daddy freak out moment as he pulls his thumb back covered in the poo! Once we had regained composure, I changed the massive blowout (which amazingly had no sound when it happened-how is that possible??) and put Sarah in her spare outfit. Not a good sign when we're busting out the spare already. And what's funny to me is this: after I had removed her soaked and soiled diaper, I sat her on the little trainer potty I keep in the car and she peed in it! She still had some in the tank!! Again I ask, how is that possible?!

About 45 minutes down the road Sarah starts to say "poopoo" over and over. Poopoo is her generic term for anything potty related. So Jason pulls over, she goes #1 in her little potty again, and we hit the road. But now our way-too-smart toddler has realized that to get sprung from the car seat, all she has to say is "poopoo." So now we are driving down the road to choruses of poopoo coming from the backseat.

Only 256 miles to go....

1 comment: