But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor 15:10 (Emphasis mine. As always.)

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Couple of Great Books

I am in a season of learning right now...I feel like my mind is a sponge, and I'm trying to soak up all of the Bible study and Bible knowledge I can.  I am in the process of doing several great studies and books, so I wanted to pass them along in case any of you are looking for a good one.

This Bible study, Duty or Delight, is fabulous!!  In it, Tammie Head does an excellent job of helping you see that God loves you because of you, not who you are, what you've done/haven't done/will do.  Just because you are you.  And she helps you to see how delightful walking with God can be when we fully embrace that love.  I recommend it for anyone, no matter where you are in your walk with Christ...because truly, this is something that is invaluable for us to understand.  She pulls both Old and New Testament scriptures into the study beautifully to give you a picture of this love.



I have heard of the "Case for"books but haven't read one until now.  This book is great for everyone: someone who questions God's existence or for a believer like myself.  Strobel spent much of his life as what he considered an atheist.  Then, his wife shocked him by coming home and announcing she had found Christ.  He saw such a change in her that he decided he was going to do some pretty exhaustive research to see if there was any basis for the true existence of God and Jesus.  These books are full of his interviews and his conclusions.  SO much information that I never even knew/thought about.




This book I have just started, but so far it seems wonderful.  It actually goes along quite nicely with Duty or Delight, so I'd suggest reading them at the same time.  So much of what I'm reading right now focuses on God's unconditional love that it is unmistakable that he wants me to learn something specific from all of this, something to apply to and change my life!






No comments: