But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor 15:10 (Emphasis mine. As always.)

Friday, October 19, 2012

Hodgepodge

Today I have for you a hodgepodge of pictures of the things we've been up to over the last couple of months.  

I had the pleasure of watching my nieces recently...it was so fun to have them all in the Aunt Kelsey Wagon again.  These are some pretty precious cousins!


Hahahaha!  So my new phone has this fun panoramic camera feature.  So here are some of our nearest and dearest at lunch after church a few weeks ago.  Jason's sunglasses, Happy Nicole, Being Mugged Nicole, Caleb, Jack, and Sarah's bow.  


And another after an awesome performance at Mark's parent's church...."annoyed" Jason, Mark's sweet parents, Lacey, DeWayne, Rebecca, and Jack.  



Confession:  I have a coffee shop addiction.  The flavors, the comfy chairs, meeting with sweet friends.  Ah.  The thought makes me want to go right now....I suppose there are worse things I could be addicted to....alcohol, drugs, fried food....! :-) Here are my Sarah girl and I at our local coffee shop, where they know her sweet face and my exact order.  


My sweet babies at a recent birthday party at a gymnastics gym.  Sarah was so fearless, jumping and running and rolling like all of the big kids.  They are growing up WAY too fast....



Jack after playing in the sprinkler two days ago, mid October.  It was 90s and humid, one last time to play like a maniac in the sprinkler in the front yard.  



And THIS is why we don't let him dress himself...at least not without a final veto.  This is the outfit he chose for himself after the sprinkler...


I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When Jack is 16, I will be 40.  I am more nervous of having a 16 year old male child with a driver's license than I am of any age I could ever turn.  Strikes fear to the very core of my soul.  More than an aging, sagging neck (and other places), osteoporosis,  and adult diapers.  And here he is, virgin voyage behind the wheel.  Working the gas pedal, brake (sometimes) and steering wheel on Paw Paw's Kubota.  Fear I tell you.  Fear.


I, ahem, I mean Santa, got Sarah this bunny blanket for Christmas, and it is as important to her as her right hand.  She carries it everywhere, and has begun to use it as a hideout.  Here she is enjoying her milk under it...



A recent little project.  Jack's teacher wanted this Bible verse (Psalm 143:10) framed for her daughter's desk.  Her favorite colors are turquoise and gold, so I made her a little frame from some things I found at my favorite store, the HobLob.  (Hobby Lobby...ha!)


Oh wow.  These ladies are amazing.  Earlier this month I attended a life-changing Catalyst church retreat.  Much like a Walk to Emmaus retreat, if you're familiar with that.  A retreat where it is impossible not to leave changed, not to feel God's love, and not to feel the love of the sisters you're there sharing the experience with.  All of these women are amazing, true, and honest.  Couldn't have asked for a better group. 

If you are a woman who loves Christ, who wants to grow closer to Him and become a better wife, mother, sister, friend, etc....find a Walk to Emmaus retreat at a church near you and GO.  You will NOT regret it.  Ever. (Oh, and I probably should mention that there are also Walk to Emmaus retreats for men.  But let's be honest.  No men read this blog.  So it's all about the sisters here.)




3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice people :) Enjoyed reading this !!


I like blog.


Would you mind to check mine, and if you are not interested would you at least pass it to others ! Thanks <3

Unknown said...

Hi,
Beautiful pics..
Brain Training | Improve sleep

Furnace Cleaning said...

Attractive component to content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.

- Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning | Furnace Cleaning