But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

1 Cor 15:10 (Emphasis mine. As always.)

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"When I'm 10..."

So if we're friends on Facebook, or if you know us personally at all, you know that our son says some really random, hysterical things.  Maybe not any more than most boys say, but since I write all of them down, people get a kick out of "Jackisms" that I post online.  Well, most recently Jackisms have begun with the words "Mom/Dad, when I'm 10...." When he says these words, I immediately break out in a spontaneous grin.  Because usually following these words comes something totally random and ridiculous. Somehow for Jack, 10 is the culmination of youth.  Not yet an adult, but somehow suddenly old enough to do all of the things that allude a 5 year old for size, safety, or maturity reasons.  He has a list of things he plans to have/do when he's 10.  This list includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  1. Being taller than Mom (but still shorter than Dad)
  2. Be able to ride the Boardwalk Bullet on the Kemah Boardwalk
  3. Having his own cell phone (jeez)
  4. Having an iPod (he has NO idea what an iPod is btw)
  5. Having a skateboard (and a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads-->this is on Mom's wish list)
  6. Have his own surfboard
  7. Ride in the front seat with no booster seat
  8. Ride in a convertible in the front seat with no booster seat (Oh, and we don't know a soul with a convertible, so hopefully "Grand Theft Auto," "going for a joyride," and "spending a night in lockup" aren't also on this list)
  9. Have a bow-and-arrow (What??) Oh, and we're equal opportunity here-he wants Sarah to have one too.
  10. Learn how to drive a boat
  11. Go parasailing (yes, I said parasailing)
I'm pretty sure he left off: send my Mom to the nuthouse...Haha! 


No comments: